Search Linux Wireless

Re: Regarding Belkin wireless USB adapter

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Shivdas Gujare <shivdas.tech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Hin-Tak,
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> I needs to recheck about "open or WEP network", but from properties it says
> "Security->WPA personal".
>  One thing I observed while trying to configure from command line.
> if I do "ifconfig wlan0 up", it doesn't show "RUNNING".
> I can scan the channels using iwlist properly but, assigning access point using
> "iwconfig wlan0 ap access_pt", doesn't work for me and shows "ap not assigned"
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Shivdas

So is it working - as in, establishing IP connectivity to outside
*through* an access point?
iwlist works regardless of authentication. Also, are you using
NetworkManager or any way using the dbus interface? I think some WPA
authentication info can be stored in gnome session config and passed
via D-bus.