Search Linux Wireless

Re: Regression caused by commit e32b1b9a33759e8a83ac566c4c43f23ed5d6343b

Hello!

> I don't want to do a "me too", but my rtl8187B broke yesterday after
> upgrading to wireless-testing/compat-wireless head,
> and it worked again today. There are only two patches between
> yesterday and today and one of them is John's revert, so it is
> possible that the rtl8187B is also affected.
>
> The symptom is as you said, I can associate and authenticate, but dhcp
> won't finish and wpa_suplicant ifdown the device.
> I tried that a few times and restarting NM, modprobe -r/-v, etc. In
> the end it was easier just to blow away the compat-wireless update
> redirectory and revert back to the vendor-shipped kernel modules - and
> hope that it is just a transient problem and the problem would go away
> when I git fetch next time :-).

I unfortunately can't reproduce the problem with my b43 und my other cards work fine, too. But I think the problem is that the NetworkManager does the following: (And causes with it some low level drivers and wifi cards into trouble.)

[99554.112921] wlan0: Set SSID
[99554.113853] wlan0: Set BSSID
[99554.113861] wlan0: Set SSID
[99554.115084] wlan0: Set BSSID
[99554.115091] wlan0: Set SSID

Have you test it manual with the NetworkManager disabled?

Regards
Alina