Search Linux Wireless

Re: Help debugging unexpected disassociations?

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Ari Entlich <lmage11@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snipped>
> Given that the version I'm using *CAN* authenticate, it doesn't
> immediately make sense to me why wpa_supplicant would be causing this
> problem, unless wpa_supplicant is intentionally trying to screw me up by
> deauthenticating me. I will try updating, but would you please try a
> little harder to hide the fact that you consider me a retard for no
> reason next time? Thanks.

You have been told by my first reply to look at wpa_supplicant, and
again to upgrade.
Why do you insist that you *know it better*, when you are asking for help?

1) there is a newer version of wpa_supplicant in the same series, (and
even a newer series), there is a reason for it. Look it up, upgrade,
and look at the logs, and come back with the logs, *before* you write
again.

2) if I have to spell it out for you, yes, I think you are exactly
right, wpa_supplicant (or the older version of it) is screwing with
you. wpa_supplicant monitors the state of your connectivity
continuously, and it is responsible for authentication *and
reauthentication*. If it detects, or *mis-detects* that your access
point is not working right, it will drop your connection,
deauthenticate and reauthenticate, and f*ck your wireless connectivity

You do not understand that how wpa_supplicant works, and refuse to
listen. wpa_supplicant does not just do one-off authenticate, it also
*reauthenticate* from time to time when necessary, and continuously
monitors and changes the states of communication between your wireless
client and the access point.