Search Linux Wireless

Re: Help debugging unexpected disassociations?

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:18 PM,  <lmage11@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ---- Hin-Tak Leung <hintak.leung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Um... Bump?
>>
>> It is no use and quite annoying to do that - it sounds like "read my
>> mind and spoon-feed me". Your initial post has almost no useful
>> information to speak of (actual log entries, wpa_supplicant config,
>> whether using networkmanager or static config, etc).
>
> Um.
>
> Well considering as I'm not a developer and don't know how to debug
> these things, I think "spoon-feeding" is an appropriate term, no? And
> also, I didn't ask you to read my mind, I didn't even ask you to figure
> out the problem for me, I asked for the information that I would need
> to figure out the problem MYSELF.
>
> As for "useful information", the "wlan0: deauthenticated" is *LITERALLY*
> all I get. I was not lying to you. After stripping out identifying information,
> my wpa_supplicant config would be pretty much completely empty. The config
> for this AP is about as simple as a consumer WPA2 AP config can be. I am not
> using networkmanager.
>
>> You probably should try to run wpa_suplicant in the foreground.
>
> You mean so I can see the debug messages it outputs?

Even if you strip away privacy info (and put in xx.yy.zz) it is still
better than "read my mind and guess my problem".

For example, this is how my deauth looks like, when NetworkManager
cuts the connectiion, in preparation for
suspending to RAM:

wlan2: deauthenticating by local choice (reason=3)

Also, it is always useful to quote versions of relevant software -
what version of wpa_supplicant, and networkmanager you are using; or
even what distribution you are using, and hardware (64-bit, 32-bit).
You have written 3 times and added no new info.