Search Linux Wireless

Re: wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Czech Republic (CZ) on 5GHz

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply.

On the Czech regulatory's website, they have a page deliberately speaking about usage of 5.725-5.850GHz frequencies.
 "V oblasti 5 GHz je možný provoz podle VO-R/12/08.2005-34 a VO-R/10/03.2007-4 v pásmu 5,15–5,35 GHz (pouze uvnitř budov), v pásmu 5,470–5,725 GHz (standard IEEE 802.11a) a s malým výkonem (25 mW e.i.r.p.) též v pásmu 5,725–5,875 GHz.".
The last part means "with small output power (25mW e.i.r.p.) also in the 5,725–5,875 GHz frequency range."
 On the VO-R/10/03.2007-4 they also state that those frequencies are ISM, but maximum allowed e.i.r.p. is 25mW.

I don't know if tthis is compliant with EN301 893 or other EU laws.

So for now we should let those dubious frequencies off the table.
Also, let's do not penalize ourselves by 3dB, I've noted that, for other EU countries, the power limit is the highest allowed (Thanks Luis for explaining what  "TPC compliant" means).

I'm sending the patch in the next e-mail.

Carlos