Search Linux Wireless

Re: [REGRESSION] iwlwifi resume error, bisected

On Tue, 2024-09-10 at 10:23 +0100, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Sept 2024 at 22:21, Chris Bainbridge
> <chris.bainbridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > It's possible that the
> > HP BIOS turns off the wifi when suspended on battery power
>
> This is not the case. Suspending while on battery power and then
> resuming (still on battery power) works without error.
>
> If the laptop is docked, and powered via both the dock USB-C *and* a
> mains PSU on the separate PSU connector, then suspended, then either
> the dock or the PSU are disconnected, then the error happens on
> resume, even though the laptop is continuously mains powered via the
> other power supply. It appears there's something about a powered
> dock/PSU unplug event while suspended that causes the error, as
> opposed to just being suspended while running on battery.

Ok.. so that's really pointing in the direction of the BIOS or the system's firmware. Sure we made a
change in the driver that is now sensitive to that problem so it pops up.
Since wifi is available for you after resume, I think it's better not to fix that for the coming
release which is almost out. I'll funnel the fix patch I sent through the regular channel but you'll
see errors even with that patch.