Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath10k "failed to install key for vdev 0 peer <mac>: -110"

James Prestwood <prestwoj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> So I have no resolution to this (trying to get the AP vendor to chase
> it down), but I'm toying with the idea of trying to work around
> whatever issue the AP is having when this occurs. The only thing I can
> think of is that there is a 3 second delay between the authentication
> and reassociation, and perhaps this is causing some timeout in the AP
> and in turn the deauth.
>
> I'm wondering how long it should take to add/remove a key from the
> firmware? 3 seconds seems very long, and I question if this timeout is
> really necessary or was just chosen arbitrarily? Is this something
> that could be lowered down to e.g. 1 second without negative impacts?
> The code in question is in ath10k_install_key:
>
> ret = ath10k_send_key(arvif, key, cmd, macaddr, flags);
> if (ret)
>     return ret;
>
> time_left = wait_for_completion_timeout(&ar->install_key_done, 3 * HZ);
> if (time_left == 0)
>     return -ETIMEDOUT;

I can't remember anymore but I'm guessing the 3s delay was chosen
arbitrarily just to be on the safe side and not get unnecessary
timeouts.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches