Search Linux Wireless

[RFC 0/1] wifi: ath10k: improvement on key removal failure

This is in regard to my earlier question [1]. After some testing with
adding an artificial 3 second delay between auth and assoc frames I
saw that the device would fail to roam 100% of the time. This further
backed up my theory that this firmware failure is causing some
timeout on the AP, and resulting it either ignoring the reassociation
or rejecting it.

Changing kernel behavior to fix a vendor quirk isn't great, but
in this situation since the key removal is non-fatal and it
improves general performance when the firmware does time out I
thought it was an acceptable compromise. I am also pursuing the
vendor to fix this, and allow a greater delay between auth and
assoc.

The reason I'm sending this as an RFC is that I have no idea about
other hardware, firmwares, etc, that use ath10k. I have only tested
on the QCA6174. Maybe different configurations _do_ need 3 seconds
to remove a key? Maybe this timeout needs to be a hw_param?

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/9eafac85-2262-4f92-a70b-32109f65c05a@xxxxxxxxx/T/#t

James Prestwood (1):
  wifi: ath10k: reduce timeout for disabling a key

 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/mac.c | 4 +++-

2.34.1