Search Linux Wireless

Re: [question] is it possible to enable monitor mode /packet injection on wcn3990

MOHAMMAD RASIM <mohammad.rasim96@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> On 12 Aug 2024, at 10:02 AM, Kalle Valo <kvalo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> + ath10k list
>>
>>> I have a device that has the wcn3990 wifi chip that uses the
>>> ath10k_snoc driver, i tried to put it in monitor mode, the "set
>>> monitor" mode command succeed but can't get any scanning working after
>>> that, does the chip support such mode?has anyone tried monitor mode
>>> with this chip or other snoc chips?
>>
>> I doubt that WCN3990 firmware supports monitor mode, though just
>> guessing here.
>
> Some people has got monitor mode working under android ( different
> driver, qcacld-2.0, and qcacld-3.0) with these kind of chips:
> https://github.com/kimocoder/qualcomm_android_monitor_mode/
>

> Some older chips (wcn3680 think) even supported packet injection(using
> the older qcacld-2.0 driver).
>
> Commits in the newer qcacld-3.0 driver (that supported the wcn3990)
> did contain hints that monitor mode and packet injection should work.
>
> So maybe the firmware does support it?

Maybe it does then, I don't know really. My response was just based on
my past experiences with mobile chipsets.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches