Search Linux Wireless

Re: invalid vht params rate 1920 100kbps nss 2 mcs 9

Baochen Qiang <quic_bqiang@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Checked with firmware team and just know that, the TX rate info is
>>> generated by firmware directly but for RX rate it is from phy side.
>>> From firmware TX rate generation code seems NSS 3 is an impossible
>>> value, so it might be an RX rate generated by phy side. But I could
>>> not tell for now since the log is not complete. Paul, could you
>>> enable full ath10k log and try to reproduce? With full log we can
>>> check whether it is a RX rate issue,
>>
>> Please tell me how I enable full logging.
>
> once boot, first unload ath10k modules by
>
> sudo modprobe -r ath10k_pci
>
> then load ath10k modules with
>
> sudo modprobe ath10k_core debug_mask=0xffffffff
> sudo modprobe ath10k_pci
>
> you should see lots of prints now

BTW the extensive debug messages can slow down the system so there's
also the option of using tracing which is a lot faster:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath10k/debug#tracing

Though I have not tested that for a long time but I hope it still works.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches