Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtw88 multicast failure in AP mode

śr., 12 cze 2024 o 03:30 Ping-Ke Shih <pkshih@xxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

> Marcin Ślusarz <marcin.slusarz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > wt., 11 cze 2024 o 04:32 Ping-Ke Shih <pkshih@xxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

> > > Have you captured air packets sent by C (AP mode)? (To check if TX properly.)
> >
> > Yes, I see packets in both directions on both C and A if C is in AP mode.
> >
> > > Have you tried non-secure connection? (To check if encryption properly.)
> >
> > Nothing changes - rtw88 in AP mode sends multicast packets, but other
> > devices don't see them.
>
> How can you assert other devices don't see them? Receivers don't ACK
> multicast/broadcast packets, so have you added debug log in A or B?

Because I don't see them in tcpdump output.

> Compare air packets in non-secure connection between what A and C plays AP mode.

I'm not sure what "air packets" mean. I don't have a radio sniffing
tool to see what's
going on, and by the time packets are available in the driver, they were already
processed and filtered by hardware, so they can't be considered "air".
If you have a specific place in the driver where you want me to put
debugs, let me know.