Search Linux Wireless

ETIMEDOUT with rtl8xxxu

Hi Ping-Ke, hi Bitterblue,

I have a problem with the rtl8xxxu driver and 8188f, but only on some boards. More specifically, I can see that during the second channel switch (which happens when I do "iw dev wlan0 scan"), the rtl8xxxu_read32(0e08) returns -110 (ETIMEDOUT) and after that no reads or writes work anymore until I unload and reload the driver.

The strange thing now is, that even though it seems to be hardware dependent the vendor driver does not have this problem.

I tried to change the probe and start functions, so that they behaved exactly as their vendor driver equivalents, but so far I don't see any improvement.

I was hoping, that one of you maybe has an idea, what could be causing such an issue and how to avoid it.

Martin