Search Linux Wireless

Re: New staging repos for ath1*k firmware

Jeff Johnson <quic_jjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Historically, prior to being incorporated into the linux-firmware
> project, firmware for kernel.org ath1*k drivers has been first published
> to Kalle's GitHub:
> https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware
> https://github.com/kvalo/ath11k-firmware
> (ath12k firmware was pushed to the ath11k-firmware repo on a temporary
> basis in anticipation of this move)
>
> But in order to have repos with multiple maintainers, as well as to have
> a hosting platform with more control, we have moved to CodeLinaro:
> https://git.codelinaro.org/clo/ath-firmware/ath10k-firmware
> https://git.codelinaro.org/clo/ath-firmware/ath11k-firmware
> https://git.codelinaro.org/clo/ath-firmware/ath12k-firmware
>
> Note that most people should not care about this -- normally you should
> use the firmware that is in the official linux-firmware repo:
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/
>
> You should only need to access the staging repos if you need a previous
> version to work around an issue, or if you are testing new firmware that
> is supposed to fix a problem that you've reported.
>
> Please let Kalle & I know if you have any issues with these new repos!

The final reminder that the github.com repositories will be deleted in
two weeks. If someone is still using them switch to the new
git.codelinaro.org location NOW.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches