Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211 user space

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 12:25 -0800, Javier Cardona wrote:

> > That's something we can't actually simulate since you're trying to see
> > whether they do NAV updates correctly, right?
>
> I was trying to simulate hidden nodes, which are unavoidable given the
> distributed nature of the mesh.
> Also trying to simulate "starvation at the edges", which varies
> greatly with the collision avoidance threshold.
> But, hey, I was just day dreaming.  Even the simpler air groups that
> you proposed would be very useful.

:)

Makes a lot of sense, and you can maybe even implement that when a
userspace program is doing the packet propagation, but for topology
testing I think we should start with the simpler groups thing. And as I
said, the userspace propagation will actually need to turn off in-kernel
propagation which fits setting airgroups to 0.

johannes