Search Linux Wireless

2.6.28-rc7-wl

Luis,

> wireless-testing is now on 2.6.28-rc7, please do a git pull and
> recompile and test that. It has some critical fixes for ath9k.

Downloaded and installed, I had done a git-pull a few hours before and
it was not there:)

I set up my system with NX running and was waiting to be up 2hours.
Unfortunately it only made 1:50.
Still this is bundles better than the 10mins I was getting.

Some observations:

1) wpa_supplicant no longer chews up cpu/mem. It started and then did
nothing from then on. It used to be in the top 5 on htop.

2) I used to get a huge number of receive errors
 This is what I started with Errors :3708
 After an hour I had         Errors :3746

3) Towards the end the memory usage was creeping, slightly, up but no
where near the swap file.

As suggested by others I did have a console running, but I was
monitoring htop(to see if it started to use the swap) when it went.
So I have no further diagnostics.

When I did the compile it came up and asked me if I wanted the new
diagnostic facility for the driver and I just pressed enter.
Happy to go back and recompile(or can I turn it on).

If I turn it on do you have a methodology to use it?

Thanks for the great improvement,
Brian