Search Linux Wireless

Re: [v4,2/2] wifi: mac80211: refactor STA CSA parsing flows

Hi Johannes,

Please see the inlines.

On Mon, 2024-02-26 at 15:14 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:

> External email : Please do not click links or open attachments until
> you have verified the sender or the content.
>  Hi again,
>

> > In fact, we have plans to study and implement puncturing on our
> MT76
> > driver. We're currently working on the AP side, and we expect to
> start
> > the STA side maybe three months later.
>
> Unrelated to puncturing, but if you're working on the AP side now -
> also
> perhaps on the AP side wrt. partner/other link on MLD, i.e. one link
> doing CSA another advertising it in the MLE per-STA profile?
>
> I'd really love to have your input on that in this thread:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/3c550ae335a9762a9cbd0c8109b6dd99faeb8f6f.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

We’re reading this discussion and will give our rely as soon as
possible.

> But also - if you're working on AP side for this, I have some changes
> I'm working on for mac80211 to parse the per-STA profile for CSA on
> the
> other links, to e.g. track CSA on currently disabled links, or if one
> link just didn't have beacons received for a few beacons, or so...
>
> Would you be willing/interested in testing any of this code? I'm
> currently not really able to test it, so not sure if I should push it
> out.

Of course we’re willing to do the test.
But we’re still working on MLD AP right now, and the critical update
will be the next.
In other word, to test MLD STA’s behavior we need to first get the MLD
AP ready.
If it’s OK, could you give us your changes? Maybe we can test it during
the development.

Best,
Michael