Search Linux Wireless

Problem with rtl8187

Hello I'm using the latest revision of compat wireless on a Debian Lenny with a 2.6.27.7 kernel downloaded from kernel.org.

uname -ra
Linux notebook 2.6.27.7 #1 SMP Thu Nov 27 15:12:29 ARST 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

My notebook is fabricated in Argentina by Banghó. It has a rtl8187 usb wireless card.

lsusb | grep Realtek

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:8187 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187 Wireless Adapter

The thing is that when I'm downloading something using a bit torrent client the connection falls. Network Manager (v0.7.0) still shows the connection as active showing the intensity of the signal, but I can't use the network. I've search in the syslogs, messages and daemon.log and I can't find anything unusual. At least form me.

When the connection stops I've to reload the driver with

rmmod rtl8187
modprobe rtl8187

I'm a little far from de AP but it becames stable at 11Mb/s and it only falls with the bit torrent client. The time it takes to fall is radom, and sometimes it happens after 10 minutes less or more. I've tried to limit the torrent bitrate to 100KB/s and 80 KB/s and nothing. Also tried to use a 5.5Mb/s connection to the Ap, but nothing improves.

Ah! my conection is using WPA Personal for authentication. My wireless router is a CNet.

I've already tried with ndiswrapper and it doesn't worked.

Sorry about my english and if my description of the problem is not useful. Please tell me what information you need.

Please help me! Thanks!
--
*Martín Ernesto Barreyro*