Search Linux Wireless

Re: [REGRESSION] 6.7 broke wifi "AP is in CSA process, reject auth"

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 1:43 PM Johannes Berg <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> so mode==1 indicates quiet, new_operating_class/new_ch_num are actually
> the channel it's currently on, and count is 9.
>
> Can you say if it actually changes the count? Maybe capture on channel
> 36 using the NIC as a sniffer what it does over time:
> https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi/debugging#air_sniffing

If I keep checking it the line "Unknown IE (60): 01 16 24 09" seems to
always stay the same, the 09 doesn't change, it's the same today as it
was yesterday.

I captured the channel 36 for 15 mins, here is the 34MB file in
gdrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yqDb3g3Cfttm4W-Jb5AA51nLQ7OglWhl/view?usp=sharing

> Initially I'd say though that if this situation persists, then your AP
> is having some problems and we'd not have stayed connected without the
> patch in question either. If you want, maybe revert and see what the
> symptom is then?

I now compiled and installed commit c09c4f3 and its parent 2bf57b0.
The 2bf57b0 works great, connects immediately and I used it for 30+
mins, also tried to connect/disconnect 5+ times smoothly, no symptoms.
The c09c4f3 has the problem described originally, never connects even
if trying 10+ times in 5+ minutes, keeps outputting the same dmesg
message "AP is in CSA process, reject auth".