Search Linux Wireless

Re: EFUSE in RTW8723DS

Hi Larry,

apologies for my late reply.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 11:47 PM Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/20/23 13:55, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> > Ping-Ke is right: the eFuse is split into two sections:
> > 1. common (RF calibration, EEPROM version, antenna information,
> > country code, ...) which is independent of the HCI (host controller
> > interface)
> > 2. HCI specific bits (PCI vendor/device IDs, USB vendor/device IDs,
> > SDIO specifics)
> >
> > #1 has already existed for a long time and I didn't have to touch it
> > since it's the same for the PCIe, USB and SDIO variant of a wireless
> > chip.
> >
> > For #2 there are no (known to me) SDIO specific bits other than the
> > MAC address. That's why I only added the MAC address for SDIO. If
> > there's more it can still be added.
> > Note that the MAC address has different offsets depending on whether
> > the HCI is PCIe, USB or SDIO.
>
> Martin,
>
> As shown in
> https://github.com/lwfinger/rtw88/issues/157#issuecomment-1820421821, driver
> rtw88 shows a lot worse performance than the vendor driver for a chip with a
> properly encoded EFUSE. Is this not a case of incorrect setting of the
> calibration data?
My current assumption is that the worse performance (= throughput) is
related to the implementation in rtw88's SDIO code, not the
programming of the RF parameters.
I'm planning to look into this next week.
I'd appreciate any hints from Ping-Ke on what to check / how to check
(as long as I can do it with very basic equipment - in other words: I
don't have an RF analyzer) :-)

Best regards,
Martin