Search Linux Wireless

Re: Linux v6.6 sporadic reboot failures with ath9k on i.MX6Q

Hello Florian,

On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 21:10:44 -0800
Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you have a reboot log with "initcall_debug debug" set on the kernel
> command line and if so, does it always point to the PCI bus shutting
> down the device drivers, pcie ports and ultimately the root complex?
>
> We have seen something similar before with ath10k_pci and our
> pcie-brcmstb driver which eventually was a result of having made
> incorrect assumptions while implementing the platform_driver::shutdown
> routine. There was a hard hang in ath10k_remove(), I do not recall the
> details, but we were definitively doing something improper there.
>
> imx6_pcie_shutdown() seems to much simpler, but my first guess would be
> there.

I had attempted using initcall_debug but the hang was happening on a
different line across tests, so it did not reliably point to a specific
place. Perhaps the serial port just stopped working before being able
to flush the last few lines.

I will have the shutdown code, even though it did not seems to the
problematic.

Thank you for your hints.

Best regards,
Luca