Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath5k: problems during the connection to a sitecom AP

On Tuesday 18 November 2008, Bob Copeland wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Fabio Rossi <rossi.f@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Which is the best way to proceed with the debug to understand why my
> > card isn't going through the authentication-association process with the
> > hidden SSID?
>
> You can get a dump of most of the traffic on the wireless medium for ath5k
> by using the debugfs files (echo -n "all" > /debug/ath5k/phy0/debug).  It
> might miss some packets, get garbled, and chew up a lot of disk in a short
> period of time, but it's an alternative to using a second card.  You can
> log more or less stuff by using different options, cat the file for a list.

Thank you Bob for the help. Sorry for the delay but I don't have access to the
PC every day.

I've attached a kernel log of what's happening and a commands log with time
references. I hope it's useful, tell me if you need other data.

As written previously the AP is configured with WEP (before going to WPA which
depends on another external piece of software) and doesn't transmit the SSID.
The channel is number 6.

Fabio