Search Linux Wireless

Re: crda packaging

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez
<lrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:58:43PM -0800, Davide Pesavento wrote:

>> > Yes, absolutely, the idea is to split db.txt into a separate git tree
>> > too actually so that should help with keeping track of changes
>> > separately and thinking of them separately.
>> >
>> > We just need to get this git tree created. What crda will need though
>> > is to wget the RSA public key so it can be built with support for new
>> > arbitrary updates to the binary db. Give us a few days, we'll get this
>> > setup.
>> >
>> >  Luis
>> >

>> Any updates on this?
>
> I think we'll have this done by the end of the day.

OK this is now done. We have a new git tree which John maintains for
the database:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-regdb.git

All you need from that is the regulatory.bin, you don't need to run
make or anything, just cp the regulatory.bin to the preferred
location. Right now this is built into CRDA and its
/usr/lib/crda/regulatory.bin.

Then do a git pull on crda and try to build and let us know if you run
into any issues for packaging. The documentation on the
wireless.kernel.org wiki needs some good updating.

  Luis