Search Linux Wireless

Re: a couple of small bugs in compat-wireless -- libertas

--- On Wed, 12/11/08, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxx>
<snipped>
> > OK for your issue you can try this patch.
>
> This patch should actually be useless to you as you
> probably are just
> downloading the tarball.. so just download the latest
> tarball, I just
> regenerated it with the patches applied.

Thanks for doing this - I actually do both: I have local git-clones of compat-wireless and and wireless-testing, which I use for checking out the "latest and greatest". However, to hunt down a regression which turned out to happen about 20 days ago, I had to roll back both of them and it was getting a bit painful to roll them back in sync, so I downloaded two whole months' worth of daily tarballs and bisected the "old fashion way" until I got within a day, then I read the tags off two daily snapshots and use the git-clone to spit out the 48 commits within that day. Some of the 48 are obviously irrelevant so it narrows it down to under 20 probables, and just a few obvious candidates. Then back to one of the snapshots and try out the obvious candidates; found the commit which breaks and verify that it breaks git-clone HEAD, etc. So it was going back and forth between the daily tarballs and the git-clones.

Thanks for compat-wireless - it takes about 1/2 hour to build a snapshot (I just worked out how to edit the Makefile to skip some bits I
don't need, so it has gone quicker), but it is better than building a whole new kernel... and the best thing about it is that I don't have to reboot, just losing connectivity briefly (hopefully) to swap and try new snapshots.

Hin-Tak