Search Linux Wireless

Re: Driver for rtw8723ds

On 5/16/23 05:22, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 11:11 PM Martin Blumenstingl
<martin.blumenstingl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jernej,

On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 10:37 PM Jernej Škrabec
<jernej.skrabec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
With aggregation disabled, we still get "Invalid RX packet size!" messages. I am
changing the statement to log (curr_pkt_len + pkt_desc_sz) > rx_len. I will let
you know when the OP responds.

Yeah, I saw. I just find another possible reason, which fits nicely in current
situation. Vendor driver parses drv_info_sz and shift fields only if packet
is normal, e.g. not c2h type. However, rtw88 always parses those fields. It's
possible that they have some value which should be ignored on 8723ds. I
appended another patch to test.
I tried that patch and it didn't work for me (I can't get the card to
assoc to my AP with that patch).
Additionally I tried a simplified version (attached) and it didn't work.

I'm out of time for today though so I cannot continue testing.
I took time during my lunch break for some more experiments and came
up with the attached patch (the vendor driver does something similar
and I only noticed that after I observed some rtw_rx_pkt_stat with
pkt_len being zero).
It survived 30 minutes of uptime, updating my system and several
iperf3 runs (in both directions).
iperf results:
- RX: 48 Mbit/s
- TX: 33 Mbit/s

And to be clear, those results are with:
- the word IO bugfix
- the initial two patches from this series
- Larry's addition of the second RTL8723DS SDIO ID
- the attached patch

Martin,

Please send me a copy of the version of sdio.c that works. It seems likely that I got mine all messed up as the OP at GitHub is getting lots of warnings from net/mac80211/rx.c:803.

I though I followed all the patches you and Jernej sent, but I must have messed something up.

Thanks,

Larry