Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwlwifi in German ICE4 trains

On Sun, Apr 23, 2023 at 10:55:10AM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> Tomorrow I might have the opportunity to test and reproduce the problem
> (I don't know if my train will be an ice4 or one of the older ones
> though.)

I can look up in advance what kind of train is planned for a certain
journey, I need train number and date for that. About one day in advance
I can say which EMU is planned for the trip.

I am also on Deutsche Bahn's customer advisory board ("Kundenbeirat"),
but I must say that Deutsche Bahn is not very enthusiastic in helping
with this issue. I do, however, have a quite direct link to the project
managers involved with Wifi On ICE. They seem to be keeping a close
guard over their tech staff though.

Thanks to all participants on this thread and issue on the Linux side,
we would not have come this far without your help.

Also, our current "fix" for the issue seems to have the side effect of
limiting the home network connection to 54 Mbit/s.

Greetings
Marc