Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwlwifi frequent drops between v6.2-rc3 and v6.3-rc1

[TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
regressions; the text you find below is based on a few templates
paragraphs you might have encountered already in similar form.
See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 17.03.23 09:53, Vegard Nossum wrote:

> Somewhere between e8f60cd7db24 (v6.2-rc3) and 2eb29d59ddf0 (v6.3-rc1) my
> wifi started dropping a lot. I'm using iwlwifi and I've checked the old
> logs that the firmware hasn't changed:

Thanks for the report. Due to Alexander's reply I hesitated first to add
this regression to the tracking, as I wondered that this might solve
itself quickly. But well, nothing happened since then, so I guess I
better add it to ensure the issue doesn't fall through the cracks:

#regzbot ^introduced e8f60cd7db24..2eb29d59ddf0
#regzbot title iwlwifi: frequent drops between v6.2-rc3 and v6.3-rc1
#regzbot ignore-activity

This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
discussed somewhere else? It was fixed already? You want to clarify when
the regression started to happen? Or point out I got the title or
something else totally wrong? Then just reply and tell me -- ideally
while also telling regzbot about it, as explained by the page listed in
the footer of this mail.

Developers: When fixing the issue, remember to add 'Link:' tags pointing
to the report (the parent of this mail). See page linked in footer for
details.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.