Search Linux Wireless

Re: Kernel 6.2.4 and WiFi with BCM4345

On 20/03/23 13:12, Larry Finger wrote:
On 3/19/23 14:35, Michael Ayers wrote:

On 20/03/2023 08:24, Michael Ayers wrote:

On 20/03/2023 07:58, Larry Finger wrote:
On 3/19/23 13:20, Michael Ayers wrote:
Kernel 6.2.4-1-default has broken wifi on the Pinebook pro, kernel 6.2.1-1-default works fine.

Logs give me so much information that I am not sure where to begin.

The first piece of information would be to tell us what what device you have. The Pinebrook Pro web site says that you have an 802.11ac (Wifi 5) device, but not who made it. The output of 'lspci -nn' or 'lsusb' would be useful.

You should also run the command 'sudo dmesg > dmesg.txt', and post dmesg.txt at pastebin.com, or some similar site. Report the URL back with the ouput of the two commands above. Do not attach dmesg.txt to your reply. There are thousands of readers of this list that do not care, thus they should not be forced to download such stuff.

Larry

The wifi device would seem to be a Broadcom 4345 and if I've done this right this: https://pastebin.com/rz2wnuVt should be the link to dmesg.txt.

MIke

Sorry that is the wrong dmesg link it should be: https://pastebin.com/SE0DV7XP

Mike,

I just noticed that the linux-wireless list was not in the Cc list - I added it. I also changed the subject to help catch the attention of the Broadcom maintainers. I am definitely not one of them.

Your device is a BCM4345, which uses the brcmfmac driver. The dmesg output that you posted shows the firmware loading, but nothing happens beyond that. This is the point where I would expect the user-space code such as NetworkManager to take over. What code do you use to control wifi? Did that change when your kernel was updated?

Larry

Larry,

I'm using NetworkManager but I also tried Wicked with the same results.

NetworkManager tries to connect but fails.

Mike