Search Linux Wireless

Re: wifi breakage due to commit "wifi: brcmfmac: add support for vendor-specific firmware api"

On 3/15/2023 10:57 AM, Johannes Berg wrote:
On Wed, 2023-03-15 at 10:12 +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:

I think it works pretty similar to firmware loading. These days firmware
true for module loading. Will look into it.

As far as I know you still need the modprobe helper in

/proc/sys/kernel/modprobe

Hi Michael,

With hint from Johannes I found this Kconfig option:

config MODPROBE_PATH
        string "Path to modprobe binary"
        default "/sbin/modprobe"
        help
          When kernel code requests a module, it does so by calling
          the "modprobe" userspace utility. This option allows you to
          set the path where that binary is found. This can be changed
          at runtime via the sysctl file
          /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe. Setting this to the empty string
          removes the kernel's ability to request modules (but
          userspace can still load modules explicitly).

Now checking the .config that you sent it says:

CONFIG_MODPROBE_PATH="/sbin/modprobe"

So my suspicion is that modprobe is not at that given location?

Regards,
Arend