Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH 0/2] rtl8187: implement conf_tx callback/correctly ack tx pkts

Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski wrote:
> Two patches for two current issues in rtl8187:
> - First it should implement conf_tx callback, instead of hardcoding some tx
>   queue values.
> - The second one should make rate control work for 8187B sending correct
>   feedback about transmitted packet status, using one of the Bulk In endpoints
>   that provides this info. Unfortunately after recently rate control api rewrite
>   in my testing here I don't get anymore greater than 1M rate with pid, before I
>   would still get until 9M (and after some time falling to 1M, then going back
>   up in steps, and so on) on same environment, don't know if it's expected to
>   the new rate control api be more strict/have different behaviour, or if
>   something additional must be done in rtl8187 (the link/signal quality may be
>   too low and may be new rate control changes are more sensitive).
>
> Please test and check if there are any additional issues.

With these patches installed, my RTL8187B device was stuck at 1 Mbs using the
'pid' algorithm. Without them, the rate rapidly increases to 54 Mbs. I'm roughly
2 m from my AP, and get an indicated signal of -22 dBm and a link quality of
98/100. My kernel is from wireless-testing (v2.6.28-rc2-4159-g6c11cd2) with the
rtl8187 power control and timing patches submitted earlier. There are no changes
to any of the mac80211 components.

Larry