Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC 0/4] wifi: cfg80211/mac80211: capability advertisement infra for multi-hw abstraction under one wiphy

On 10/21/2022 5:27 PM, Johannes Berg wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for the delay!

no worries.

- Should we make the capability advertisement changes to mac80211_hwsim?

I don't think we can, unless we teach hwsim and even mac80211 about
this? IMHO doesn't make much sense.

Sure.

- Should we enable some of concurrent operations like allow scan on each physical
   hardware concurrently?

Isn't that up to the driver? If userspace requests scanning all bands in
a single scan request you can parallelize it using multiple HW
resources?

Correct, driver should be able to handle the scanning on multiple HW in parallel. We saw resource busy error code when tried to bring up multiple AP interfaces on different band at the same time due to
an existing scan request still in progress. I agree, it makes sense
to give a single scan request with all the bands and let the ACS in
user space share the results for AP bring up on any band.

Vasanth