Search Linux Wireless

Re: New iwlwifi 3945 uCode available

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 11:10 +0200, Tomas Winkler wrote:

> > I really don't know why we let you get away with this and bitch
> > endlessly when b43 does such a change, to the point where we finally
> > cave in and support both versions. Why should a community-supported
> > driver be held to higher standards?
>
> Patches that we'll support both firmwares from the cummutiy will be
> welcome, as always.

So you're saying we should let you get away with it and just fix it
ourselves... How about you identify which patch broke it so we stand a
chance? But if then we decide the breakage is worse than the new
feature, and revert the patch, you'll scream bloody murder anyway so why
do I even bother? Clearly, so far there's no attempt to hold you to the
same standards we hold community drivers to, and you are in no way
motivated to improve our opinion of you by doing something voluntarily.

johannes