Search Linux Wireless

Re: splitting out the 3945 RC algorithm from the driver

> > There are a few difficulties:

> >  * the RC algorithm is responsible for adding IBSS stations to the
> >   firmware, this is pure design stupidity and must be fixed anyway

> First please again stop this language, you are not telling us
> something that we don't know.
> There is history how things are developed and there is time for
> everything to change.  It wasn't stupid when it was develped mac80211
> then what it is now.

See, that's where we clearly disagree. It _was_ stupid even back when it
was initially written. We discussed this back then and you wrote a
trivial patch to have mac80211 do the sta_notify call as required. But
then you already has this code and didn't bother cleaning it up when it
was possible.

This is a development process issue, and partially comes from you doing
so much "invisible" development in-house, and partially from John being
way to lenient with you and accepting such hacks, in the hope you'll
clean them up. Well guess what, it's now well over a year later and you
haven't. If you don't live up to such promises, how can we take your
development process seriously?

The normal process that we make everybody else go through would be to
post "oh, there's some API missing that we need", then you post that API
and get it in, and _then_ you do the stuff that relies on it.

You need to get that.

johannes