Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtw88: EDCCA makes Wi-Fi unusable with a USB 3.0 SSD connected

On 06/01/2022 08:53, Pkshih wrote:
> I think you have sorted the problem that USB 3.0 is the interference source.
> Since the clock of USB 3.0 is 2.5G, so please try to connect a 5G AP to see if the
> problem is still existing.

I don't have a standalone modem/router that can use 5GHz, but I managed
to create an AP from another laptop and connect to it. Pinging the
second laptop works fine at 5GHz (but pings are still late/dropped at
2.4GHz as expected).

> The adaptivity patch is to detect signal energy and stop to transmit if the
> energy is over a threshold, and I think the USB 3.0 interference does.
> I will discuss internally how we can debug this symptom.

Thanks, feel free to ask for more information or testing if you need it.