Search Linux Wireless

Re: mwifiex reset buggy

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your kindly response.

> I think I blocked most of this stuff out of my mind and it's also been
> over 2 years. ;-) ...but any chance that Bluetooth could somehow be
> involved, too? I seem to remember that things got complicated because
> we could have both functions going at once. I think I advocated for
> keeping it simple and always doing a full unplug / replug of the card
> to reset it, but from notes I guess upstream landed it so you need to
> handle the two cases (just WiFi vs WiFi+BT) in totally different ways.

I think the main issue is many of you tested the mwifiex reset on
Marvell card (or BT?), unfortunately I am using uBlox Lily module
which is a WiFi only no Bluetooth, it is a iMX6ULL custom design, MMC
and SDIO are based on iMX6ULL EVK. I don't think anyone tested mwifiex
reset on that card, to make it worse, I am new to mwifiex, I might be
able to assist with debugging, but certainly not in the position to
contribute to fixing it.

> It looks like there's ongoing discussion going on in
> https://issuetracker.google.com/172214846. Maybe something there would
> be helpful?

I am using mwifiex on kernel upstream v4.19.75, does that include your
fix? Do you have a patch I can add to my Yocto build? Should I make
comments to the discussion at
https://issuetracker.google.com/172214846?

Thank you very much Doug.

- JH