Search Linux Wireless

Re: No support for Realtek 8821CE RFE Type 6

On 11/3/21 12:25, Bogdan Nicolae wrote:
The Realtek Wifi 8821CE RFE Type 6 is used in a broad range of
embedded systems based on Intel Celeron J4125 SoCs. A popular example
is GK3 Mini PC, sold under a large number of brands, for example:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FTCPBHK/
These systems are rising in popularity in favor of laptops, as people
tend to stay at home and are looking for affordable upgrades.
Unfortunately, lack of Wifi Linux support is a major drawback.

Bogdan,

That is a very interesting piece of hardware at $200. Does that quad-core Celeron have enough power to handle Windows 10 with reasonable response? I used to volunteer at refurbishing donated computers for resale to low-income users. When Microsoft's refurbishing program stopped supporting Windows 7, we immediately stopped installing Windows on anything lower than an i3. Quality machines with less than that processor got Linux. Those machines were free to users.

Larry