Search Linux Wireless

Operating Intel Wireless-AC 9260 with one antenna (iwlmvm)

Hi Luca Coelho,

the available documentation [1] [2] on the Intel Wireless-AC 9260 doesn't explicitly state that operating it with just one antenna is impossible, just that it would be necessary for optimal performance.

Operating that module with wifi-only and just one antenna connected seems to work somewhat ok, but we had some deauth issues, which could be unrelated.

Operating both wifi+bt with just one antenna, makes wifi loose packages while bt is active. I hard-coded the `valid_{t,r}x_ant` to `1` in the nvm parser code, which seem to improve this issue somewhat, but bt pairing seems to be unstable.

But the general question is: Is that module even designed to operate with just one antenna connected and are wifi and bt issues to be expected in that case? Bt would not be strictly required in our use-case.

If it should work with just one antenna, do you know of any available tools to create those nvm image files or overwrite the nvm with the correct antenna configuration? Or is there another way for this to be configured?

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Claudius Heine

[1] https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031221/wireless.html [2] https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/intel-wifi-adapter-information-guide.pdf