Search Linux Wireless

Regulatory Framework & rt2x00.

Hi Luis,

I'm working on making rt2x00 use the regulatory framework to report its EEPROM region settings to mac80211, and I have stumbled upon an issue that I don't really know how to solve with the current regulatory framework code.

The problem I'm facing is that many of the Ralink devices have 2 region settings in their EEPROM, one for 802.11a networks, and one for 802.11[bgn] networks. So far I have only seen devices where these two settings contain the same region indication, but I don't know whether this is the case for all devices.

At this point in time I use the regulatory_hint function at driver start-up time to communicate the region setting that matches the configured band, but that would (probably) not hold up when the user reconfigures the mode.

So, at this point in time I have the following questions:
1. How would I be able to communicate both these settings to the regulatory framework?
2. Should I re-use regulator_hint whenever the configured band changes?
3. Would a driver supplied region override a user configured setting (via iw/crda)?

I would appreciate your help in solving this issue.

---
Gertjan van Wingerde
rt2x00 project developer
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/