Search Linux Wireless

Re: Kernel crash when scanning for APs in huge WiFi environment - Ath10K - ARMV7 - Linux 4.14.73

On 7/9/21 8:48 AM, Vincent RUBY wrote:
Hi,

I apologize in advance if I am writing at the wrong place.
We have developed a custom embedded board based on ARMV7. On the board there is a Telit WE866C3-P Wifi module (based on ath10k).
Linux : 4.14.73 (YOCTO/poky)
Microcontroller : SAMA5D27

The board is working perfectly in a normal Wifi environment (e.g., at office).
But when the board is put in a huge Wifi environment (e.g., 350 APs with 2 antennas each with more than 600 visible BSSIDS) the Linux kernel crashes when attempting to connect to a Wifi network using wpa_supplicant.
When the Wifi antenna is attenuated with some electromagnetic obstacle (e.g., hand or metallic shield), the board connects without any problem.

The problem is the same when running a scan from wpa_cli .

Do you have any idea where I can find some clue to resolve this issue?

Many thanks in advance !

VinceCube

Please show the details of the kernel crash.  And either way, answer is probably to try more
recent kernel and see if problem is already fixed.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>