Search Linux Wireless

ath9k problems

This may be related to this other thread
http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=122187323506092&w=2

With the 2.6.27-rc6 kernel I find that my wireless connection dies after a few minutes. Using nm-applet I have to disable wireless and re-enable it before I can re-establish a session (using WPA).

I tried pulling the wireless-testing branch and found it behaved strangely as well - within about 30 seconds of idle time it would die. But, it would usually immediately begin to reconnect (and succeed). My logs were full of "ForceXPAon: 0" messages which I found were from ath9_hw_reset(), which were all being called from set_channel, during the scan that took place when the card was not associated with the AP. It typically occurred every 30-35 seconds.

I also found that if I kept a ping session to my wifi router running, then the wireless connection would not die, it would operate normally.

It seems that it all worked fine in 2.6.27-rc4...
--
  -- Howard Chu