Search Linux Wireless

Re: Memory leak in ieee80211_rx_napi()

Hi Larry,

Sorry I didn't respond to your other email on Friday - it was close to
midnight here and I couldn't pay much attention over the weekend.

> There were two bugs in rtw88. The first, suggested by PK, was that the sequence
> between start/stop of NAPI and the enable/disable of interrupts were reversed.
> The second bug was in NAPI polling as you suggested. The poll routine was
> calling napi_schedule() rather than napi_reschedule().
>
> With these two changes, my RTL8822CE handled 12 hours of flood ping with my
> router without leaking a single buffer.

Glad you found the issues, and thanks for following up!

I do wonder where the SKBs were actually leaked, that's a bit strange,
but I guess it doesn't matter much now.

johannes