Search Linux Wireless

Re: temorarily out of range -> no TCP?

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 21:16 +0200, Anders Eriksson wrote:
> johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> > Oh and that works just fine for me, I do it all the time. ssh can take a long
> > time to recover though, for some reason, so I tend to kill it (I do
> > everything in screen anyway).
>
> Hmmm, alright, I'll try to sit one out and see what happens.
>
> How do I best trigger an out of range condition? Power cycle the AP?

Not really. That would kill the AP's NAT table too which is probably a
bad idea. Though it might work. Take off the antenna ;)

> PS I assume the IP stack signals the tcp queue that there is an operational
> and suitable link out of the machine when the driver is happy again, right?

I'd guess so.

> Howcome I needs to rmmod/modprobe it?

No idea. I just tried rmmod/modprobe with an open ssh connection without
problems. Even wpa_supplicant picked up the new wlan0 device
automatically.

Oh if you get iw you can remove the AP STA... That would do it :)

johannes