Search Linux Wireless

Re: iw packaging

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 13:11 +0200, "Adam Cécile (Le_Vert)" wrote:

> Why not having a talk with aircrack-ng main developper ?
> I'm sure he would be happy to work with you and avoid having a patched
> version of iw.

Because I have no idea who to contact and figured that they'd notice
quickly enough? :)

Thomas, since people seem to be relying on iw more and more (I had been
hoping somebody else would take it and transform it into something
usable) I have gone ahead and cleaned up the code, made a few
modifications to it and released it as version 0.9 (and a few 0.9.x
fixes, my bad).

There are two changes that might interest you:
 * removing interfaces now works like this:
     iw dev monitor0 del
   I didn't feel inclined to keep the old syntax because it's rather
   ugly but if this is a big problem for you I can add a hidden command
   so you can continue doing "iw dev monitor0 interface del".
 * if you've been using
     iw dev wmaster0 interface add monitor0 type monitor
   this will stop working in future kernel releases, the master
   interface really is no good for actually configuring wireless and we
   want to get rid of it completely in the medium term. I suspect you
   have been using
     iw dev wlan0 interface add monitor0 type monitor
   which will continue to work.

johannes