Search Linux Wireless

Re: pull-request: mac80211 2021-01-18.2

Hi,

> > I don't have that much sympathy for a staging driver that's clearly
> > doing things differently than it was intended (the documentation states
> > that the function should be called only before wiphy_register(), not
> > during ndo_open). :-)
>
> I completely understand and I already was worried that this might be
> a staging-driver issue, which is why I mentioned this was with a
> staging driver in the more detailed bug-report email.

I guess I missed that, but no worries.

> > But OTOH, that fix to the driver is simple and looks correct to me since
> > it only ever has a static regdomain, and the notifier does the work of
> > applying it to the channels as well.
>
> So I've given your fix a quick try and it leads to a NULL pointer deref.

Ouch. Oh. I see, that driver is *really* stupid, trying to get to the
wiphy from the adapter, but going through the wdev instead ... ouch.

Wow are these pointers a mess in that driver ... Something like this,
perhaps?

https://p.sipsolutions.net/4400d9a3b7b800bb.txt

johannes