Search Linux Wireless

Re: WEP and enc restricted

Dan Williams wrote:
> It looks like ieee80211_rx_mgmt_auth() in mlme.c should be cycling
> through the various auth methods when it gets an "auth not supported"
> response from the AP.  I wonder why that's not working in your case.
> Can you put some printks in there and see if that code gets triggered
> and if not, poke around a bit to see why?

Yes, I've seen that. I'll have to check the packet log again, but as far as I
remember the AP doesn't respond at all to these authentication packets. So the
cycling will never happen.

> It looks like it does get set from the SIWAUTH handler if you pass in
> the right auth algs bits; but you're correct in that SIWENCODE won't set
> the auth alg.  The patch seems to be correct.

In SIWAUTH only the available algorithms are set, not the actual one. It's a
different variable:
  sdata->u.sta.auth_alg*s* = data->value;

> However, the submission format needs a few things

I'll resend the patch in the correct format.

Cheers

Ortwin