Search Linux Wireless

Crash with 2.6.27-rc6 with iwlwifi

Hi guys,

so since a few 2.6.27 kernels I haven an issue when using my 4965 wireless card. So the machine in question is an X61 and when enabling WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time it will freeze hard after a few minutes. It seems activating Bluetooth has something to do with it, but I have been using the machine for Bluetooth qualification testing (with WiFi disabled) and everything works fine.

However I tried to reproduce it without Bluetooth enabled, it didn't show or I didn't wait long enough. Once I started bluetoothd it showed within a few minutes.

So the best I got was the attached screenshot of an oops. It is clearly the iwlwifi driver crashing here and killing the machine, but I have no idea why.

Regards

Marcel

JPEG image