Search Linux Wireless

Re: Many errors on dmesg and weak signal with driver rtw_8822be on Kubuntu 20.04

On 6/7/20 3:39 PM, Lorenz Bonat wrote:
To whom it may concern,
I am using the last available driver on the lwfinger github
repository(https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new/) for the RTL8822be
adapter. I am using kernel 5.7.0 and my laptop is an HP Envy x360
ag000xx series. I persistently have struggled with the signal
stability of this chip, and it continues to spit out errors into the
dmesg log. The signal strength is lower than in Windows 10, and when I
try to speedtest my internet connection I see a lot of variance
between runs.

The internet is unusable when surfing the web, and it is very annoying.

I have opened an issue on the repository of lwfinger, i will link it
for you because there are a lot of explanations there already.
https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new/issues/607

I am attaching a file with all the dmesg entry outputted by the
rtw_8822be module(dmesg | grep rtw). I have noticed that I receive a
lot of "timed out to flush queue 1" errors and after a while the
driver crashes and I receive a "purge skb(s) not reported by firmware"
warning.

If you need more information please let me know, and I will provide
them. I am willing to test any experimental driver if you want to send
me some material to test.

Lorenz,

I do not see any attached material. Did you forget?

For the rest of readers: The GitHub repo containing the rtw88 drivers is essentially what is found at wireless-drivers-next with 2 exceptions: 1. Conditional compilation needed to account for kernel API changes is added, and 2. I gnerally apply any patches sent by the Realtek authors as soon as they are posted in this ML. When there are fixes due to reviews, I update the sources.

Larry