Search Linux Wireless

Re: [BUG?] b43: can't connect to WPA3 network (nohwcrypt=1)

On 5/19/20 6:13 PM, Rui Salvaterra wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 21:36, Rui Salvaterra <rsalvaterra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Larry,

On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 21:30, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  From other drivers, it appears that handling WPA3 might be as simple as setting
MFP_CAPABLE in the hardware capabilities. Please try this patch:

Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply! I will do it ASAP and get back to you.

Unfortunately, looks like in this driver it's not so simple, the
association is still rejected. I looked at the other drivers too and,
sure enough, they just set the MFP_CAPABLE flag unconditionally with
software crypto (I would expect mac80211 to magically handle it, but
with b43 it doesn't seem to be the case).

It is necessary to load the driver with option nohwcrypt set to 1. I expect that you probably did that, but I forgot to mention it.

It would likely help if you can get verbose logs from wpa_supplicant.

Larry