Search Linux Wireless

Re: bugzilla.kernel.org / networking_wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brian Norris <briannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Does anybody actually triage/manage the Wireless component on
> bugzilla.kernel.org?
> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Networking

To my knowledge only iwlwifi folks follow bugzilla, not much else. I
certainly don't have time for it. I think there should be a big fat
warning that it's not the recommended way to report bugs, just so that
people don't have false expectations.

> It's ostensibly managed by networking_wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> but I get the impression that list (and really, the entire domain...)
> has been dead for a long time.
>
> Related: does anybody care to fix that up? I've found a few useful bug
> reports there recently, and it would be nice if the community could
> proactively handle those, instead of leaving it there as the
> equivalent of /dev/null.
>
> If no one else volunteers, I'd probably at least try to stick my email
> in there somewhere [1], so I can manage state (e.g., close issues that
> are already fixed).

If you have the time go for it :)

Yeah, I suppose helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx can help with that.

--