Search Linux Wireless

Re: Simulate Radio wave interference

On 2020/03/23 18:11, Johannes Berg wrote:
> But it's doing it on the *previous* interval, and then affects the
> *next* interval, right? In terms of timing.

Yes.
This model using previous traffic to estimate next traffic.

> I _really_ didn't mean to coax you into fixing anything,
> just trying to understand.

Of course I recognize.
I fixed it because I happen to find a bug when I was studying the code.

> While that's true, is it really necessary? Even if the signals are in
> phase, you're going to have a hard time differentiating between the two,
> and the frame will be lost either way, no?

> I think from a timing aspect, checking if two signals are in phase will
> be practically impossible - we're talking about less than 1us timing
> differences (0.2 at 5 GHz), if I'm doing the math correctly?

I do not mean just in phase or opposite phase. Of course it could not
be happened in real world.

I mean two or more radio waves composes a mixed wave.

Refer attached pictures.
Assume horizontal axis represents distance, vertical axis represents
signal strength. f(x) is original wave, g(x) is interference wave
and h(x) = f(x) + g(x).
On wave1.png of the distance 2, h(x) is 0.5.
On wave2.png of the distance 2, h(x) is 0.2.
I mean signal strength varies with phase.

> Again, for the record, I really just wanted to clarify that I was
> understanding things correctly! Not to coax you into implementing
> anything.

OK.

Regards,
Masashi Honma.