Search Linux Wireless

Re: Firmware Crashed

On 3/23/20 3:53 PM, Ming Chen wrote:
No, it will be very difficult for us to upgrade the kernel.
This module(QCA9986 PCIe) is from the a third party company. They are
using the QCA driver and it works well. We are trying to integrate
this module to our own device(PPC-64 + Kernel 4.14.83). We don't want
to upgrade the kernel, since it will be a huge challenge work for us.

Thanks
Ming Chen

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Psyborg <pozega.tomislav@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 11:16 PM
To: Ming Chen <Ming.Chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: linux-wireless <linux-wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Firmware Crashed

can you try to boot it in another device and using some distro that
has 4.19 or later kernel without backports?

My suggestion is to try it in x86_64 PC. Then you can just use live linux distro
with different kernel versions. If it does not work with any of these you may
have ran into a hw bug sample. If it does work then you don't need to update
your PPC64 kernel but find an architecture/device speific bug that prevents it
from loading.

[Ming Chen]
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have a PC with PCIe socket on my hand, but it's indeed worth to have a try. I will try to find a one.

In case you want to try the ath10k-ct firmware for your chip, you can send me the firmware crash output and maybe
I can understand why it is crashing.

http://www.candelatech.com/ath10k.php

Thanks,
Ben